DIRECTIONS FOR ONLINE SYSTEM
• Go to volunteermatters.com/login/bwac. Your name and email address should have already been entered in the system if you have paid your 2012 fees. You are a Registered User; not a New User.
• Log in using: yourlastname.yourfirstname no spaces - don't miss the period. (Example Doe.John). Click on the link Click here to reset your password. The software will email you a new password. The password is a case sensitive alphanumeric (that you will want to later change, following the directions in the email). Go to your email (the address that you gave to BWAC on your application). Copy the password from your email and paste it in the password box on Volunteer Matters' login. Enter your login name. If you get an error message: "The credentials you provided cannot be determined to be authentic," click on the link Click here to recover your username and follow the procedure. To change your password, see the first of the Frequently Asked Questions below.
• Once logged in, click on the "Coming to Brooklyn" calendar's link on the right side of the page.
• Open shifts (both registration time slots and work shifts) are written in green and are available for signup. The shift will turn gray when all slots have been filled. Selecting work shifts and a time slot is as easy as a click, and then a confirmation click. (It really will be completely obvious to you when you're looking at it, really).
• The next time you sign in, you will see your upcoming work assignments. They can be canceled by clicking on the "withdraw" button. You can make changes anytime from home up to two days before a work shift. Changes to registration time slots can be made at any time.
If this system doesn't work for you (this is our first attempt), please email firstname.lastname@example.org and request a Registration/Installation time slot on the two days that we will have support volunteers available to help you. When you come for help, be certain to have your password to get your email remotely as we will be going through the process with you (we will not be entering the data for you as you can do that from home once you learn the system). The two days are Thurs, Sep 6, 4:30-7:00PM and Sat, Sep 8, 12:00-4:30PM. You will be assigned a slot closest to your preferred time. Make sure to put "Requesting Support" in the subject line of your email.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why did I get a whole slew of emailed passwords when I submitted for a password change?
Each time you hit the submit button, another request is sent in and they fulfill it at their leisure, usually in bunches. If this happens to you, make sure you use the most recent emailed password from Closerware Support.
Why can't I find where to change my password?
Because it's not obvious. Once logged on, click on ME from the HOME Menu, then Prefs and finally Password.
The directions are clear after that.
Why doesn't Volunteer Matters return an immediate confirmation to submission?
Because sometimes it's slower than you might like. We timed it at 15 minutes on Sunday afternoon.
Why do I get an error message to contact the administrator when I try to sign in?
There may be several reasons, but one of the most common is that the system is using your email address as your username instead of yourlastname.yourfirstname. Please try logging in with your email address as your username before you